Nominations and applications are now closed for Youth LEAD Georgia. The inaugural class will be announced in mid-November.
We encourage teachers, counselors, youth group leaders, employers, etc. to nominate young people for Youth LEAD Georgia.
- Rising 10th and 11th grade students with leadership potential
- School attendance records indicate academic commitment
- Demonstrates motivation through personal behavior, desire and determination
- Interest or desire to learn about leadership
- Willingness to engage in new and different experiences
There is no cost for student participants. Meals, transportation for tours and program activities, and program materials are available through generous donations from Chick-fil-A. Students will be required to arrange transportation to the sessions. Anyone with concerns regarding arranging transportation to and from sessions should contact us.
Those selected for the inaugural Youth LEAD Georgia class will be expected to attend all the sessions, which are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
- Jan. 20 – 22, 2024; Athens, Ga.
- Mar. 10 – 11, 2024; Cartersville, Ga.
- June 4 – 7, 2024; Bus Tour of south Georgia
- Sept. 15 – 16, 2024; Columbus, Ga.
- Nov. 3 – 4, 2024; Atlanta, Ga.
In addition, Youth LEAD Georgia participants will be invited to participate in the youth leadership summit at UGA on July 18 – 19, 2024.